Beginners' Yoga Courses
Do you want to start yoga in 2017?
Enrolments are now open for our term three Beginner's Yoga Course
We welcome you to join Balance Yoga's Beginner's Yoga Course in term three and get your yoga practice off to the perfect start. Let our highly experienced teachers guide you step by step in learning yoga from the very beginning. You'll be in expert hands in a friendly, supportive environment.
How to enrol
In term three our Beginner's Yoga courses, will be held on Monday evenings at 5.15-6.15pm, starting from Monday 31 July.
Enrolment forms can be downloaded below.
Our Beginner's Yoga course is the perfect place to start if you are new to yoga.
- developing body awareness
- working with the breath
- the most common yoga poses - standing poses, Sun Salutations, seated poses, relaxation
- modifying poses for your personal needs
- an introduction to Yin Yoga
- basic yoga philosophy
- incorporating yoga into daily life
Beginner's Yoga Course FAQs
What sort of yoga do you teach?
The style of yoga this course mainly focuses on is known as Vinyasa Flow Yoga (or just 'flow' yoga). As the name suggests, Flow Yoga comprises movement, as one pose 'flows' to the next, linking movement with breath. This creates a continuous yoga workout that both stretches and strengthens the body and focuses the mind. Of course, we don't launch straight into flowing in this course - we take our time to learn the poses well first of all and then how to 'flow'.
One week of the course is an introduction to Yin Yoga, which is a slower, softer style that is also taught in our studio.
Who is the course suitable for?
- This course is designed for people who are completely new to yoga. However, those with some yoga experience will also benefit from the detailed information given about exactly how and why we do poses the way we do, and will gain broader knowledge about 'what yoga is' and how it can be incorporated into daily life. These are aspects that are not often covered in detail in regular yoga classes.
- Student ages range from teenagers to those in their 70s.
- The only physical prerequisite is that you are 'generally' able to move with ease - i.e. can go from standing to sitting on the floor and standing again with no problems.
- There is NO need to be 'flexible' before you start (that comes with practice). (If anyone who considered themselves 'not flexible enough' to try yoga never gave it a go, our classes would be half empty!)
When are beginner's courses held?
- New courses start four times a year - in line with the school terms (roughly February, May, July and October).
- The course runs on Mondays 5.15-6.15pm for eight weeks.
- Term three course starts Monday 31 July.
What does it cost?
The eight week beginners' yoga course is $140.
How do I book?
- You can download an enrolment form from this page.
- To secure your place you need to complete the form, email to us, and make full payment in advance. Your place will only be confirmed once payment is received.
- Book early to avoid disappointment. Places on the course are limited, and it has sold out in advance every term for the past three years.
- If you still have questions please contact us, and we can help, or email an enrolment form to you.