Beginners' Yoga Courses
Next course starts Tuesday 16 October.
Term four course now taking a waitlist....
Sorry - term four is looking full. I am however taking names for a waitlist, which may lead to a one-off Beginner's Yoga workshop to help new students get to grip with the basics so you can join my regular classes.
Please get in touch if you would like to put your name down for this. Contact me here.
With my long background in yoga (more than 20 years) I will guide you step by step from the very beginning. You'll be in expert hands in a friendly, supportive environment.
The course is Tuesdays 7-8pm from 16 October. Cost is $120 for the six weeks. Limited places ensure a good level of individual attention.
Download the enrolment form and sign up today.
This workshop style course introduces you to all the basics of yoga, including:
- working mindfully with your breath
- developing greater body awareness
- learning a wide range of common yoga poses - standing poses, Sun Salutations, seated poses, relaxation
- modifying poses for your personal needs
- basic yoga philosophy and meditation
- incorporating yoga into daily life
Beginner's Yoga Course FAQs
What sort of yoga do you teach?
The style of yoga this course mainly focuses on is known as Vinyasa Flow Yoga (or just 'flow' yoga). As the name suggests, Flow Yoga comprises movement, as one pose 'flows' to the next, linking movement with breath. This creates a continuous yoga workout that both stretches and strengthens the body and focuses the mind. Of course, we don't launch straight into flowing in this course - we take our time to learn the poses well first of all and then how to 'flow'.
Who is the course suitable for?
- This course is designed for people who are completely new to yoga. However, those with some yoga experience will also benefit from the detailed information given about exactly how and why we do poses the way we do, and will gain broader knowledge about 'what yoga is' and how it can be incorporated into daily life. These are aspects that are not often covered in detail in regular yoga classes.
- Student ages range from teenagers to those in their 70s.
- The only physical prerequisite is that you are 'generally' able to move with ease - i.e. can go from standing to sitting on the floor and standing again with no problems.
- There is NO need to be 'flexible' before you start (that comes with practice). (If anyone who considered themselves 'not flexible enough' to try yoga never gave it a go, our classes would be half empty!)
Where, when and how much?
- Tuesday evenings at 7-8pm.
- Six week course, starts 16 October.
- Fee is $120 for six weeks
- The venue is the St Andrew's church hall (big white church by new roundabout).
What do I need to bring?
- Just bring yourself, an open mind, and a willingness to try something new.
- All yoga mats and props provided.
How do I book?
- You can download an enrolment form from this page.
- To secure your place you need to complete the form, email to us, and make full payment in advance. Your place will only be confirmed once payment is received.
- Book early to avoid disappointment. Places on the course are limited, and it has sold out in advance just about every term for the past three years.
- If you still have questions please contact us, and we can help, or email an enrolment form to you.