Beginner's Yoga Courses
TERM 1 COURSE IS NOW FULLY BOOKED
Beginner's Yoga term one - starts 19 February - FULLY BOOKED
Hello and welcome to yoga 2019!
Starting yoga may be one of your best choices for the new year, and I'll be so pleased to help you.
The first Beginner's Yoga course for this year will start on Tuesday 19 February. Enrolments are now open. The course runs for a seven weeks, and classes are 75 minutes (from 7.00-8.15pm).
With my long background in yoga (more than 20 years) I will guide you step by step from the very beginning. You'll be in expert hands in a friendly, supportive environment.
Places are limited to ensure a good level of individual attention. This course always sells out in advance, so if you are keen to join me for this term please don't delay in getting your enrolment form to me.
The course is Tuesdays 7-8.15pm from 19 February.
Cost is $135 for the seven weeks.
Enrolments are only confirmed on receipt of completed form and payment.
Download the enrolment form and sign up today.
Term 1 course is now fully booked.
Beginner's Yoga Course FAQs
What does the course cover?
This workshop style course introduces you to all the basics of yoga, including:
- working mindfully with your breath
- developing greater body awareness
- learning a wide range of common yoga poses - standing poses, Sun Salutations, seated poses, relaxation
- modifying poses for your personal needs
- basic yoga philosophy and meditation
- making yoga relevant to your daily life
Who is the course suitable for?
This course is designed for people who are completely new to yoga. However, those with some yoga experience will also benefit from the detailed information given about exactly how and why we do poses the way we do, and will gain broader knowledge about 'what yoga is' and how it can be incorporated into daily life. These are aspects that are not often covered in detail in regular yoga classes.
- Student ages range from teenagers to those in their 70s.
- The only physical prerequisite is that you are 'generally' able to move with ease - i.e. can go from standing to sitting on the floor and standing again with no problems
- There is NO need to be 'flexible' before you start (that comes with practice). (If anyone who considered themselves 'not flexible enough' to try yoga never gave it a go, our classes would be half empty!
What sort of yoga do you teach?
The style of yoga I introduce in this course is 'integrated yoga'. My background in yoga draws on two well known traditional styles of hatha yoga, called Iyengar yoga and Ashtanga yoga. Iyengar yoga gives strong attention to precise alignment and longer held poses. Ashtanga yoga is a faster, flowing style that moves fluidly in a set sequence.
Integrated yoga combines influences of both these forms, incorporating awareness of alignment and how poses can flow together. This style is accommodating of individual needs and allows each student freedom to practice at the level and intensity appropriate to them.
The ultimate goal is to bring together body, breathe and mind, resulting in a practice of 'mindful movement' that is both relaxing, energising and insightful.
When, where and how much?
- Tuesday evenings at 7-8.15pm.
- Seven week course, starts 19 February.
- Fee is $135 for seven weeks
- The venue is the St Andrew's church hall (big white church by new roundabout).
What do I need to bring?
Just bring yourself, an open mind, and a willingness to try something new.
All yoga mats and props provided.
How do I book?
You can download an enrolment form from this page.
To secure your place you need to complete the form, email it to me, and make full payment in advance. Your place will only be confirmed once payment is received.
Book early to avoid disappointment. Places on the course are limited, and it almost always sells out in advance.
If you still have questions please contact me, and I can help, or email an enrolment form to you.