New to Balance Yoga Cambridge?
It's great you are thinking about coming to Balance Yoga Cambridge.
First-Timer's Guide - Welcome to Balance Yoga
We welcome new students to join us at any time. This information will help you.
- You don't have to book for regular classes – just turn up at class (the only exception is the Beginners' Yoga course, which runs each school term).
- Doors open 15 minutes before class starts.
- You will need a couple of minutes to complete a New Student Registration Form the first time you come to class.
- We provide all you need – mats and props (blocks, bolsters and/or blankets).
- We also have a variety of yoga mats and accessories for sale.
- Yoga is done in bare feet – for hygiene reasons please make sure your feet are clean.
- Yoga is best done on an empty stomach (or close to it). It's not comfortable or advisable to be twisting or lying on your belly if it's full or food and drink.
Which class suits you to try first?
The first step is to decide which class you'd like to try. Check out our Timetable & Class Descriptions page for detailed class information.
- If you are brand new to yoga, our Beginners' Yoga Course may appeal to you. However, the Beginners' Yoga course is not a prerequisite to starting classes if you have not been before. You are welcome to simply join in the regular classes and pick it up as you go along.
- For an easy-going option, our popular Gentle Yoga class is a great choice to start with, or if you just want a lower intensity yoga practice. This is a slower pace class where you can start to get a feel for yoga if you are new.
- Align & Flow is a good choice if you fancy a more physical approach to yoga. You will move more, stretch well and work on aspects such as strength, endurance, core strength and balance. Align & Flow classes are on most days (check our timetable).
Yoga Studio Etiquette
For the comfort of everyone please…
- Ensure your cell phone is either switched off or on silent.
- Use the time before class starts to settle quietly on your mat. Take any pose you like, sit quietly or do some gentle stretches.
- Come to yoga in a clean condition (not sweaty or smelly please).