New to Balance Yoga?
NEW! BEGINNER'S YOGA COURSE - Starts 1 November
Just announced!I am offering a six-week Beginner's Yoga course, starting 1 November* in Tamahere.
Check out all the info at the Beginner's Yoga course page.
Bookings open now.
First-Timer's Guide - Welcome to Balance Yoga
We welcome new students to join us at any time. This information will help you.
- You don't have to book for regular classes – just turn up at class.
- Doors open 15 minutes before class starts.
- You will need a couple of minutes to complete a New Student Registration Form the first time you come to class.
- During Level 2 you will need to bring yoga own yoga mat. Also please bring a blanket for comfort and warmth.
- Yoga is done in bare feet – for hygiene reasons please make sure your feet are clean.
- Yoga is best done on an empty stomach (or close to it). It's not comfortable or advisable to be twisting or lying on your belly if it's full or food and drink.
Which class suits you to try first?
The first step is to decide which class you'd like to try. Check out our Timetable & Class Descriptions page for detailed class information.
- For an easy-going option, our popular Gentle Yoga class is a great choice to start with, or if you just want a lower intensity yoga practice. This is a slower pace class where you can start to get a feel for yoga if you are new.
- Align & Flow is a good choice if you fancy a more physical approach to yoga. You will move more, stretch well and work on aspects such as strength, endurance, core strength and balance.
- If you are new to yoga, you can now enroll for my six week Beginner's Yoga course. This is due to start on Monday 1 November (Covid levels permitting). Enrolments are OPEN NOW, so jump over to this Beginner's Yoga page to get all the info and an enrolment form.
Yoga Room Etiquette
For the comfort of everyone please…
- Ensure your cell phone is either switched off or on silent.
- Use the time before class starts to settle quietly on your mat. Take any pose you like, sit quietly or do some gentle stretches.
- Come to yoga in a clean condition (not sweaty or smelly please).